Breadcrumbs

Weight & Balance and Fuel Capacity?

• William McCormick
  • William McCormick's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 May 2023 21:14 #19 by William McCormick
Replied by William McCormick on topic Weight & Balance and Fuel Capacity?
Roger that and agreed, never want to go over gross, goal is to keep it safe and get home in one piece to show it off to my wife. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2023 21:03 #20 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Weight & Balance and Fuel Capacity?
I don’t encourage anyone to fly over gross, but remember that this same airframe was later flown legally at 1400 and 1450 pounds. The weight restriction was more a function of preventing stalls and spins. If you watch your speed the airplane will perform just fine. Even overloaded I don’t know of an Ercoupe that spun in, but it will break on a stall and give you a start!

• William McCormick
More
13 May 2023 20:54 #21 by William McCormick
Roger that and thank you Larry. I found that site and will ask my mechanic about it. Extra 60lbs can help as long as it is not detrimental to performance. I've got a 374nmi trip to get it home. With an estimated 5gph am thinking of breaking it into 3rds at about 124nmi each leg, topping off at the stops. I'm 195 my CFI is 175 and 10 or so lbs of baggage so it will be about as tight as my 150 was.

More
13 May 2023 20:48 #22 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Weight & Balance and Fuel Capacity?
The Ercoupe does well even heavy. I wouldn’t worry about that. The 1320 STC requires limiting elevator up travel to 9 degrees (from 13), like the D models. Some folks don’t like that limited travel. Most don’t notice it. Here’s a link to the STC:

alphaaviation.com/ercoupe-1320-gross-weight-increase-stc/

• William McCormick
More
13 May 2023 20:40 #23 by William McCormick
Forgot to ask about the weight STC, some place I can look that up for details? I'd assume it shaves a fair amount off the climb rate and performance.

• William McCormick
More
13 May 2023 20:39 #24 by William McCormick
Ouch! 12lbs for an AI? And I thought I needed to lose weight... Emailed/Texted the owner & broker, getting the actual W&B Monday, this one does not have an AI. As long as the pre-buy goes well I'd love to take this one back to it's original configuration and lighten it as much as possible.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds