Breadcrumbs

Weight & Balance and Fuel Capacity?

More
03 Jul 2023 02:40 - 03 Jul 2023 02:45 #13 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Weight & Balance and Fuel Capacity?
Mac, . Email me your address and I will lend you a book or two on the Coupe...warrenhampton7@gmail.com
Last edit: 03 Jul 2023 02:45 by Warren Hampton. Reason: Adding more

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• William McCormick
  • William McCormick's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 May 2023 18:10 #14 by William McCormick
Replied by William McCormick on topic Weight & Balance and Fuel Capacity?
Nice! I'll go scope those out, thanks David!

More
16 May 2023 17:13 #15 by David Gilson
Replied by David Gilson on topic Weight & Balance and Fuel Capacity?
There are a few examples of approved 337's on this site for light weight batteries. I just got approved for an earth x battery and a b and c alternator, I'm anticipating about 25lbs saving on that upgrade. The alternator is a lot of work and pricey, but the battery is paperwork and $450. I figure an airplane manufacturer would gladly pay thousands to save 20lbs in a design, so I figure it's cheap.

• William McCormick
  • William McCormick's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 May 2023 19:00 - 15 May 2023 22:07 #16 by William McCormick
Replied by William McCormick on topic Weight & Balance and Fuel Capacity?
Ron H
Got the weights & balance from the mechanic, 843 empty (weighed on scales) I do have the rudder kit though no AI as well; 1320 max, has the 1320 STC with the 9 degree limited elevator with the necessary mod, I believe it is 21 Gallon max fuel.

"One thing, you will notice when the passenger gets out of the airplane, it starts to fly like it wants to have more fun..."

Gotta admit... I'm looking forward to that!

Ron R,
"The plane may have weight 750 when it was born, but that was bare naked. No electrics, battery, interior, paint, rudder pedals, etc. They have all grown up since then. Somewhere around 900 is more typical for our geriatric planes."

Just like me then, packing on some "padding" with age... I'd love to get her back down to that "fighting weight" and in '46 livery but the prospect of hand propping... Any weight savings I can get. I suspect back then they hand propped a lot of the time? I've a LOT to learn in a short amount of time!

Does anyone know if during WWII any Ercoupes carried 200/250lb GP bombs when Civil Air Patrol used them for anti-sub patrols? I know C.A.P sunk two Nazi subs during the war, probably from J-3's.
Last edit: 15 May 2023 22:07 by William McCormick.

More
15 May 2023 15:29 #17 by Ron Holmes
Replied by Ron Holmes on topic Weight & Balance and Fuel Capacity?
  I just did the 1320 STC a couple of months ago... All paperwork... My instructor and I are probably 430 with bags and headsets... He and I have flown for dozens of hours with full tanks and hot dry Calif weather. I have never had any issues with weight of load... My weight is 824 before us humans and gasoline step in... I have fabric wings and zero rudder pedals... I too have heavy AI and all steam instruments... One thing, you will notice when the passenger gets out of the airplane, it starts to fly like it wants to have more fun...
Attachments:

More
13 May 2023 23:57 #18 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Weight & Balance and Fuel Capacity?
The plane may have weight 750 when it was born, but that was bare naked. No electrics, battery, interior, paint, rudder pedals, etc. They have all grown up since then. Somewhere around 900 is more typical for our geriatric planes.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds