Breadcrumbs

Original 415-C Panel Layout Diagram With Legend up to Serial No. 4423

More
02 Nov 2023 00:38 - 02 Nov 2023 00:59 #1 by Warren Hampton
I only have been around Coupes since '85, as I recall, and I may be wrong! So, I will relent to those who know, I thought the gray was a light wrinkle texture. Vern may know... Just seem to me 3800H and 3298H had a texture to the panels. Aircraft Spruce has hole punches for both the 2" and 3 1/8" $155. & $231 last year's book. Drill a pilot hole insert screw it down. presto  then there is  an insert that used to drill the screw holes. I have the 2"  and hole pattern to use If you want to go that way. $525. plus, shipping is why there are so many overlays.
Last edit: 02 Nov 2023 00:59 by Warren Hampton. Reason: Adding more

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• William McCormick
  • William McCormick's Avatar Topic Author
More
01 Nov 2023 17:14 #2 by William McCormick
Nice! I know we can get blanks at Univair, how do you cut the holes for the instruments, drill out with as large as you can then file? Or is there right sized cutters out there?

• William McCormick
More
01 Nov 2023 17:12 #3 by William McCormick
Nice, I'll bookmark that Warren, appreciate it and filing this away. My 150 had a "fogged" lens would have loved to have had it cleaned up.

More
01 Nov 2023 14:33 #4 by Jerry Nograsek
I redid it myself. I was lucky in it didn’t have many “new” instrument hole drilled in it. They had repainted it black and removed the glove box doors to add gyros. I removed them, added the doors and hinges back , stripped and repainted the panel to its original colors and replaced the trim pieces.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warren Hampton

More
01 Nov 2023 13:31 #5 by Warren Hampton
If need be, I use Rudy Instrument Inc in Rudy, Ark 479-474-8759 to reface my instruments. Good turnaround time, price not so bad. And they try to please. I had two airspeed done last year they look new...

• William McCormick
More
01 Nov 2023 12:35 #6 by William McCormick
Much closer to the original. Nice panel! Did you rebuild yourself or send to a shop? And if you did what was the ballpark cost?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerry Nograsek

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds