Breadcrumbs

Rebuilt after crash Coupe - how to ascertain safety?

More
06 Nov 2023 16:56 #1 by John Farrell
Replied by John Farrell on topic Rebuilt after crash Coupe - how to ascertain safety?
Just read your "Bull" story. LOVED it!! Made my day!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2023 20:15 #2 by Matt Gunsch
I only learned about what happened because I was able to track the remaining son of the man who bought, repaired and owned it for almost 40yrs. the son sent me the photos, the logbooks just said, rebuilt aircraft.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
13 Sep 2023 01:59 #3 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Rebuilt after crash Coupe - how to ascertain safety?
Love it! When I lost a prop on 99371 and landed in a pasture the cow came over to check thing out.

More
11 Sep 2023 21:18 #4 by Matt Gunsch
YES, How did you guess?

It was a dark and stormy night somewhere over Oklahoma in 1960 (Actually it was a clear sky and it was Dusk) and Our fearless pilot was attempting to land in the heart of a howling storm (see above) on a grass strip. Unknown to the fearless pilot, the storm had lifted an entire herd of cows and deposited them on the intended landing strip (Truth is, the airport manager would turn the cows out at sunset for them to eat the grass). Our Fearless pilot managed to land safely and when he came to a stop, the poor little Ercoupe was Prop to Horns with a HUGE Bull, the pilot was brave, the Coupe was scared, the bull was a bull. Our brave pilot revved the engine, the engine ROARED, the prop spun faster, and the bull turned and ran, The brave pilot gave chase and suddenly the bull stopped and the coupe didn’t and hit the Bull in the part of its body where most of this story comes from………

A&P, IA, PPSEL

More
10 Sep 2023 18:45 #5 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Rebuilt after crash Coupe - how to ascertain safety?
Matt what did it run into a cow?

More
27 Jun 2023 16:54 #6 by Matt Gunsch
As long as the repairs were done correctly, and documented there is no problem. My Ercoupe was severely damaged in 1960, the only parts that are original 1950 415G is the landing gear, cockpit and left wing. It has been flying ever since with no issues.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds