Breadcrumbs

Control Yoke Mounting

• Shawn DUFFEE
  • Topic Author
02 Mar 2022 01:18 #7 by Shawn DUFFEE
Replied by Shawn DUFFEE on topic Control Yoke Mounting
I think I found it!
1995-3 Coupe Capers.
A blurb written by Melvin Shaffer on page 12. He shows a photo of the port I was hoping to make. No other details, but I think I can manage the rest.
Is this what you were thinking of, Ed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Shawn DUFFEE
  • Topic Author
28 Feb 2022 11:00 #8 by Shawn DUFFEE
Thanks for the tip Ed. I jave been scouring Capers. We have a 6hr flight home tomorrow and can read through some more. Finding all kinds of useful stuff in all these Caper files!

More
23 Feb 2022 19:42 #9 by Edward Taylor
Replied by Edward Taylor on topic Control Yoke Mounting
Someone did an inspection cover on bottom of cabin for that reason a long time ago if I remember correctly. It was for just that reason and I think he received a field approval for it,
It was probably 20 years ago. Maybe someone remembers who, the write up was in Coupe Capers.
So does anyone else remember who? I will look through my old capers when it warms up in the hangar to try and find info.
Ed

• Shawn DUFFEE
  • Topic Author
21 Feb 2022 13:41 #10 by Shawn DUFFEE
Oh boy, and being 6'6" that sounds really fun.
I will contact our local DAR to see how difficult it would be.
I was actually planning on minimizing the cockpit interior so I may not even bother with things like the insulation. That's a bit down the road anyways....

More
21 Feb 2022 12:58 #11 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Control Yoke Mounting
An access panel would be a good idea, because getting to the rod ends for the steering rod and the elevator rod are a real bear, requiring you to stand on your head and do everything by feel.

The blanket is 1946 technology. I replaced it with a stick on foam/foil soundproofing from Aircraft Spruce, on the theory that foil will dampen the high frequencies and the the foam will dampen the lower frequencies. I haven't noticed any real difference, the cockpit is still noisy. It would take a lot of effort to eliminate every noise leak.

• Shawn DUFFEE
  • Topic Author
21 Feb 2022 12:06 #12 by Shawn DUFFEE
Thanks Ron. I see now. And I see why Warren suggested a service plate there. What is there between the belly and the mast bottom - an inch or less?
Has anyone ever done a 337 for a port like that?
I see you have the sound insulation in the front. Is that still available, or is there an approved and improved version one would recommend?
Thank You!
Shawn

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds