Breadcrumbs

Is there a club CFI database ?

More
10 Apr 2024 04:49 #7 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Is there a club CFI database ?
The 1320 pound STC does require that elevator up travel be restricted to 9°, a la the 1400 pound D models. The 1260 pound up travel is 13°. So there is a physical difference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2024 01:52 #8 by James Davis
Replied by James Davis on topic Is there a club CFI database ?
$1600. :(

More
10 Apr 2024 01:51 #9 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic Is there a club CFI database ?
Now that you brought it up, how much did AVEMCO charge for insurance? See their ad in the Coupe Capers but every time I’ve called, all I get is that control tower radio traffic like pilot. Muzak.
My first year I got insurance via John Trravers from the KC / St Louis area, $910, following two years, $650 from AssuredPartners, affiliated with AOPA.
Just keeping track of the market as I stare at the big 70 coming soon. Confirming if the insurance market is penalizing us senior pilots.

More
09 Apr 2024 22:18 - 09 Apr 2024 22:23 #10 by James Davis
I agree with what you're saying. But also it is very silly that the difference for an Ercoupe limit increase to 1400# from 1320# is just simply paperwork... You don't need a bigger and stronger engine upgrade or anything else that affects the flying characteristics of the same darn plane. Just because paper says it is 1260# or 1320# or 1400# is ridiculous.
In any case switching to AVEMCO solved my CFI issue. They didn't ask for make/model time and they said as long as you have single engine land type airplane hours as private pilot that's enough.
So, now that airplane's annual done two days ago. I'll begin to fly and enjoy it. Thankfully I always fly alone so weight won't be a big issue for me.
myself 240# + fun tank fuel 138# =378 that leaves me almost 21 lbs for my flight bag which is more than enough. If I need a little more baggage then I will reduce the fuel from 23 gal to 18 gal and that'll allow me 50lbs of stuff to take with me while 18 gal fuel enough to fly 2 hr legs comfortably. Because even an Ercoupe fuel capacity may be enough for a 3 hr flight, my bladder capacity won't allow me to do that. 2 hrs is my max limit to fly in comfort...Also I am not a camping type person so I don't fly with a tent and sleeping bags, camping chairs, bicycles etc.
I like to sleep at places with indoor plumbing and central heating with A/C... So I travel light anyways. Couple of socks and shirts do not weigh 50 lbs thankfully and my wallet is never heavy anyways!  ;)
Safe flights to all...
Last edit: 09 Apr 2024 22:23 by James Davis.

More
09 Apr 2024 05:51 #11 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic Is there a club CFI database ?
Go to an ERCOUPE CONVENTION, you’ll see many planes with husband & wife or 2 guys along with camping gear pop out of an ERCOUPE like hot muffins popping out of a muffin tin. Too bad the old NACA folks short changed the weight limit on 415C COUPES, 1260# and with an STC and some fiddling 1320# for LSA. IM NOT CONDONNING IT, but I see Ercoupes that are 50-100 lbs over gross flying often. You can figure the metalized coupe lost about 70# of weight capacity over the original fabric covered ercoupes.
Insurance companies will definitely walk away if you have a screw-up.

More
03 Mar 2024 16:17 #12 by James Davis
Haha, that was a good one... Where I come from there's a saying " anybody can fly but only pilots can land"... It reminded me that.
Plane's useful load is 395 lbs.
I am at 240 , fuel at least 60 makes 300... It is very hard to find a CFI that weighs 95 lbs or less to fly with.
:(

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds