Breadcrumbs

Remove Vacuum and add AV-30

More
25 Oct 2023 14:57 #13 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Remove Vacuum and add AV-30
As long as the log book is signed by the A&P you can do a lot! I think the coupes shipped with an altimeter, a compass and airspeed indicator. I’d want to keep those. Of course, they don’t need to be TSO’d.

They might be pretty picky about. Your ADS-B avionics. I believe the only thing required to be TSO’d are the transponder and encoder, which uAvionix has certified. So your steam gauges will be altimeter, airspeed indicator, compass, tachometer, oil temp, oil pressure and I’d want an ammeter.

Guess that’s a lot of steam gauges whe the AV-30 can provide a lot of that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Greg Harris
  • Greg Harris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
25 Oct 2023 14:41 #14 by Greg Harris
Remove Vacuum and add AV-30 was created by Greg Harris
Hi all,

So my coupe has the vacuum pump and instruments. The artificial horizon is not working and making considerable noise which changes as the wind speed changes. Even sitting on the ground. 

I want to remove those instruments and pump and install the AV-30 and the TailBeaconX. 

I don’t have a transponder so those two together give me ADSB, transponder, and everything else I need that I am removing.  

I’ve read that there is no problem removing the gyro instruments, pump and suction gauge, etc and replacing with just the AV-30. Is that correct?

And can I remove those instruments myself? Sounds like I need an A&P to install the AV-30 and wire the TailBeaconX to it, but I can remove the others, right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds