Breadcrumbs

Sight guage on header tank filling with fuel -

More
15 Apr 2016 10:58 #7 by James Mays
Replied by James Mays on topic Sight guage on header tank filling with fuel -
Steve, feel free to call me at ph. 816-803-0139. I am dealing with a similar problem in my 1946 415C. I can share what I have found out about mine and maybe offer you some insight. Ron Mays, N99729, Kansas City MO. My personal email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
14 Apr 2016 14:29 #8 by 9792
Had a new experience a couple of days ago - coming home after about 1.5 hours, the sight tube with the gas gauge wire in it began to fill with gas - it rose a bit over an inch! I advanced the throttle, to consume more fuel, and clear the tube - this worked; speeding up to 2200 rpm and faster vibrations shook the fuel back down into the header tank. Slowing back to about 2000 rpm, the gas level began to rise again, about 1/3 inch; i speeded up, and it went back down. Landing a minute or so later, I filled the wing tanks to my usual inch from the gas caps, and put her away for the evening. Have any of you had that situation occur? Having left her in the hangar for a day, I plan to start her up in the am, and see what happens. There was no power loss during any of this - but being unusual, it concerns me. Thoughts?? Thanks, Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds