Breadcrumbs

nose strut

• Fernando Serra
  • Topic Author
09 Dec 2021 11:52 #7 by Fernando Serra
Replied by Fernando Serra on topic nose strut
Thanks Wayne. That bulleting is very helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2021 12:07 #8 by Wayne Eleazer
Replied by Wayne Eleazer on topic nose strut
Ercoupe Service Memorandum No. 41 pretty well describes the nose gear and how to accomplish repairs.

• Fernando Serra
  • Topic Author
06 Dec 2021 09:30 #9 by Fernando Serra
Replied by Fernando Serra on topic nose strut
Thanks for your information. I will try to give you a call just to pick your brain for a bit. I have got in touch with Vernon as he is back home.

More
03 Dec 2021 01:37 - 03 Dec 2021 01:41 #10 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic nose strut
If you get a new fork make sure the wheel come with it,And not the goodyear those wheel bearing are not east to get and very pricy... Call me at 760-224-2065 if you need any other info, Warren
Last edit: 03 Dec 2021 01:41 by Warren Hampton.

More
03 Dec 2021 01:29 #11 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic nose strut
OK, You have and old steel gear. Vern can tell you what you will need. Bolts , nuts for the Nut cracker, And rubber bumper. Picture of the inner cyl show wear on it where chrome it worn off. That lower bushing Is costly. The taxi spring inside is pretty cheap get a new one. O-ring... . A Qt of 5606 fluid. the plug on top of the cylinder may have a wire gauge on it take it out to see if it does. if not Vern can sell you one Service manual has the brake down. Barnstromer. has a double fork For $1,800.oo it may have the gear too.

• Fernando Serra
  • Topic Author
29 Nov 2021 12:34 #12 by Fernando Serra
nose strut was created by Fernando Serra
Getting ready for starting winter projects on my coop and I have a couple of questions. As shown in the pictures I have the original  nose gear. Does someone have a service manual/instructions on what should be done on the assembly as a maintenance procedure. There is no fluid level to check, correct?. Looking for help on directions on what to check, replace, etc.

Second question. If I want to change the nose gear to the fork version, is there are list or parts required, procedure, etc. It seem to me a better choice for a heavier engine like C95-C200 which I have.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds