Breadcrumbs

nose strut

More
28 Jun 2022 22:06 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic nose strut
Hi Matt, that is a good thought! The idea is size control, regrinding the surface then hot spray the new on.( bumper are dipped.) Spraying uses the + and - charges, for those that do not know the diff. PS in Auto shop I told the guys that with oil seal, the pointy inside goes to the grease or oil you are trying to hold back. Thanks for that info in Coupe Capers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jun 2022 19:16 #2 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic nose strut
Look for a place that rechromes hydraulic rams, it is a hard chrome process, very different than bumper chrome.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
28 Jun 2022 14:39 - 28 Jun 2022 14:43 #3 by Warren Hampton
Paul, there are two types of Chroming. One like the auto bumpers, that was chrome plating, not what you want for the inter cylinder that is sprayed chroming... EPA has got into chroming businesses too so there are less people doing it. Now so cost will knock your socks off. get on the net to find some company that rechromes. As for #41 Univair has Bulletins and Memoranda! With the Service manual they are the Coupe Bibles.
Last edit: 28 Jun 2022 14:43 by Warren Hampton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Gilman

More
28 Jun 2022 09:40 #4 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic nose strut
Where do I find Service Memorandum No 41.. I have 2 nose struts ..1 the crescent steel type and the other a cast magnesium both with single bearing original wheels and new tires. I am trying to determine which to use on my 415 C. Both have minor wear on the chrome section ..but less than the struts pictured on the forum.
I am searching for the repair procedure as both of them are serviceable and are from 1320 STC aircraft.
I gather there are 2 circlips in the barrel that need to be released to allow the spring and interior shaft to be removed from the top. And there are 4 O-rings to replace.
How much bearing wear on the chrome section is acceptable. and who would rechrome it.
P Gilman member 10100

• Fernando Serra
  • Topic Author
10 Dec 2021 14:58 #5 by Fernando Serra
Replied by Fernando Serra on topic nose strut
yes. Same here. appreciate your help.

More
09 Dec 2021 16:18 #6 by Warren Hampton
Thank for the call! I enjoyed our chat.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds