Breadcrumbs

Wood prop

More
28 Feb 2024 16:55 #1 by Loye Hilton
Replied by Loye Hilton on topic Wood prop
check with Culver Props, Rolla, Mo. the most beautiful props. I had one built for my 65hp Luscombe. you will be surprised at the price.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2024 09:58 #2 by David Gilson
Replied by David Gilson on topic Wood prop
Let's start the conversation. My number is 7274399916.

More
17 Feb 2024 09:34 #3 by Charles Dicey
Replied by Charles Dicey on topic Wood prop
I have a sensenich in like new condition

More
30 Jan 2024 23:55 #4 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Wood prop
Univair list wood props on their Ercoupe pages!

More
16 Jan 2024 21:39 #5 by Brooks McNew
Replied by Brooks McNew on topic Wood prop
David,

Fortunately, with a wooden prop you're not overly limited. There's a minimum/maximum diameter, but no numerical limits for pitch.

Look in TCDS A-718, at the end of page 2, section 3 of  Propellers and Propeller Accessories:

3.  Propeller with Continental C-75 or C-85 series engines
     (1)   Sensenich 74FC (pitch 48 to 52 in.) (including hub) or any fixed pitch wood propeller eligible for engine speed and power which meet static r.p.m. and diameter limits as follows: S/N 113 and up - Static r.p.m. at maximum permissible throttle setting not over 2100, not under 1850. No additional tolerance permitted.  Diameter: not over 74 in., not under 72 in. 

The Sensenich W72GK series are 72" diameter (which satisfies the TCDS) and is available in pitches from 42" to 52".  Univair sells them . Maybe some of the experienced C-75 pilots can chime in because this has been hotly debated, but for my C85 many consider 50"=cruise, 48"=normal and 46"=climb.

More
15 Jan 2024 15:06 #6 by David Gilson
Wood prop was created by David Gilson
I've been searching for a wood prop to fit my c-75 with no luck. The dimensions allowed as per the original tcds seem to be rather difficult to find. Anyone with a wood prop, let me know.
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds