Breadcrumbs

AD 2002-26-02 Center Section Spar Corrosion Inspection

More
16 Jan 2023 18:47 #1 by Brian Gale
Ahhh haaah...Thanks Larry, the last sentence helps, but is strangely unsatisfying...Maybe some logic should find it's way into these rabbit holes, aka regulations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2023 18:39 #2 by Larry Snyder
To be technical, a 415D CAN be converted to a 415C. But it cannot be flown by anyone holding a sport pilot certificate. The FARs explicitly state that a sport pilot can’t fly an aircraft that has ever been flown with a gross weight higher than 1320 pounds. Don’t look for logic, it will only make you unhappy.

More
16 Jan 2023 18:31 #3 by Brian Gale
Edd,
Forgive me if I'm being obtuse...So you are confirming that once a C is converted to a D, it can't be reverted to it's original stock configuration? I don't understand why...Please advise.

Thanks
Brian

More
16 Jan 2023 02:34 #4 by Edward Moore
Brian: You are correct.
Succinctly, my aircraft that had gone thru a many year restoration was being prepared to go on the market by different mechanic. A paper work audit revealed that it had never been converted to a D model prior to the 0-200 installation. The 0-200 STC conversion was applicable only to the D model.
A field approval was applied for, keeping the C model, but using examples of previously approved conversion that referenced the D model data, Atlanta ACO approved the request. Increase in weight to LSA limit was completed by Alpha STC..
Strictly a happenstance event

Edd

More
13 Jan 2023 20:06 #5 by Brian Gale
Edd,

I have been told that once a C is converted to a D it can't be changed back to a C. What does it take to retain the C status for LSA as you mentioned you did?

More
06 Mar 2021 22:42 #6 by Matt Gunsch
I recently did a annual on a F-1A and had we not pulled the wing, we would not have found the exfoliation corrosion that was on the upper spar cap under the wing attach fitting.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds