Breadcrumbs

Oil screen inspection and cleaning

More
12 Sep 2019 12:27 #1 by Steve Westlund
Replied by Steve Westlund on topic Oil screen inspection and cleaning
Thanks, Gordie. I checked my Ercoupe’s maintenance logs and saw that the plane indeed has an oil screen. So the comment made during the annual was about the plane not having an oil filter. After doing more research on the Internet and studying the C-85 Overhaul Manual I now understand what the screen looks like, where it’s located, and what I need to do. I ordered gaskets from Univair and will change the oil when the shipment arrives.

Thanks,

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2019 18:15 #2 by Gordie Meade
Replied by Gordie Meade on topic Oil screen inspection and cleaning
I have a C90-16F and I had a spin on oil filter adapter installed. Works great and easy enough for the pilot to do.

More
09 Sep 2019 13:32 #3 by Steve Westlund
Replied by Steve Westlund on topic Oil screen inspection and cleaning
Thinking about this more, I believe it was mentioned during my annual back in April that the plane does NOT have an oil screen. So an oil filter STC might make a lot of sense. Any oil filter adapter recommendations for my C-85 would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

More
08 Sep 2019 12:32 #4 by Steve Westlund
Oil screen inspection and cleaning was created by Steve Westlund
I have a 415-C model Ercoupe (SN 3621) with a C-85 engine and no oil filter. My service manual calls for changing oil every 25 hours. It mentions nothing about an oil screen. Shouldn’t my engine have one? If so, can anyone help me with the procedure and any replacement gaskets that I will need to order?

Thanks,

Steve

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds