Breadcrumbs

Rudder pedals

More
30 Apr 2018 02:03 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Rudder pedals
I have removed the rudder pedal from a E model . There are two cable rollers and the removal would be a real pain to drill out the brackets for them and I replaced that upper floor board and left the pedal assmy intact, used new ends of the turnbuckles. Bolt replaced bolt in the mask to connect the rudders and alirons in unison saftied the turn buckles after sitting the rudder cable tension using the tension chart for temp and 1/8 " cable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2017 01:44 #2 by Edward Moore
Replied by Edward Moore on topic Rudder pedals
UPDATE: I have reviewed the info I detailed below and I see no reason that the rudder pedals can't be removed without too much effort and with proper documentation (logbook entry) leave the Coupe in a configuration to allow the pedals reinstalled should a new owner desire. Since the pedals are an OEM option and listed in the TCDS, no additional approvals were/are needed to install/remove. One could correlate/rationalize the configuration change viz-a-viz to the aircraft that are seasonal reconfigured for rubber/skis/floats.

Frankly, I don't see why having rudder pedals puts a negative image on the Coupe. Even having the pedals, one can ignore them and just fly with those long ailerons without too much 'ball' deviation - I do it most of the time ( as long as one is not doing a critical flight review:)!!

I suggest anyone seriously considering removing the pedals purchase the dwg 415-52389 "Rudder Pedals Control Assembly & Installation" about $40 from Univair and print the SM 59 from their page which gives the detail mods referencing the part #s on the dwg. and do a detailed study of the process to understand the mod.

More
19 Sep 2017 02:17 #3 by Edward Moore
Replied by Edward Moore on topic Rudder pedals
Allen I bought the rudder pedal drawing from Univair to see what was involved _ I have the pedal mod but wanted to know what might be involved in case of a future sale an option could be offered with or without.
IIRC the kit provided the obvious pedals etc. and the rudder control cables were removed from the control mast and turn buckle ends connected to a "splice" cable going forward to the new pedals along with the routing mods, etc. IIRC looks like one could just reconnect original rudder cables to the control mast ( with associated turn buckle change) and possibly just let pedals remain flat in place with appropriate paper work and thus providing any future owners the option. I'll revisit the $$drawing in a few days in case I've missed the general intent - the dwg had a parts list, etc on it. The $$ indicates Univair dwgs aren't cheap and their reps say "we are not mechanics" - buy the drawing if you need info but I do appreciate them making SL,SB, etc available from their web page.

More
16 Sep 2017 09:59 #4 by Allen Deyoe
Rudder pedals was created by Allen Deyoe
Are there any instructions for removing the added rudder pedals from a 415 C available. Also are there any parts needed to connect the coupled controls.
Help needed. Allen

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds