Breadcrumbs

Transponder help-KT76 died-I have a Garmin GTX335-but not on STC AML

More
03 May 2022 18:19 #1 by John Jones
This is a link to the FAA memo referenced by Appareo:

rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Libr...S-360_2016-03-02.pdf

Also, looking at the options and q&a on Aircraft Spruce it looks like it should be OK to go. I ran it by my APIA and he would not have an issue with the 335 but your's might have a different opinion. John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Wilson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2022 16:17 #2 by Chris Wilson
I really appreciate your response-and am looking very hard now at this option.  Possibly I will just resell the GTX335 if I cannot use it.  

More
03 May 2022 12:48 #3 by Randy Branson
I had a transponder die on me. So while at Sun-N-Fun I bought a direct replacement used model. Although serviceable, I don't like it. My mechanic talked me into ordering a new TailBeaconX to replace my TailBeacon and get the AV30 combination. The AV30 with the TailBeaconX negates needing a transponder since the Beacon is a Mode S transponder controlled by the AV30. Problem solved! Plus uAvionix is giving a $1100 rebate for the return of the original Tailbeacon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Wilson

More
29 Apr 2022 18:20 #4 by John Jones
I would contact Garmin directly and also your A&P/IA about not being on the AML.

More
29 Apr 2022 16:38 - 29 Apr 2022 18:14 #5 by Chris Wilson
All, this will likely spawn more conversation-as I have reviewed all the transponder entries on here and I dont understand what I need to do-or if I can even have this 335 installed in the old slot with the new 335 tray coming with it.  I saw a post that someone has a Appareo ESG installed-which also doesn't have an entry on their AML.   I wanted an all-in-one with GPS onboard so I was good to go on ADSB.  Any help is very appreciated. I have found statement on the Appareo website for the ESG that I cannot understand- 

Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Apr 2022 18:14 by Chris Wilson.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds