Breadcrumbs

Change out fuses to breakers

More
28 Apr 2022 13:40 #1 by Ron Holmes
Replied by Ron Holmes on topic Change out fuses to breakers
Thanks... I will keep y'all up to date on the decision and progress...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2022 11:16 #2 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Change out fuses to breakers
Breakers may not fit in the same holes as the fuse holders, if that is the case, you will have to cut that section out and either install a new section or fabricate a overlay. As far as replacing fuses for breakers, It has been may years ago, but I thought it was a different size breaker for a fuse, you can look thru 43.13 and CAM 18 and see what you can find.
If you use crimp terminals, you will have to cut the wire back to clean wire and be sure to use crimpers that are a double crimp ratcheting type and not the plier type.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
27 Apr 2022 21:49 - 27 Apr 2022 21:51 #3 by Ron Holmes
Change out fuses to breakers was created by Ron Holmes
Now into my 3rd month of Coupe ownership and trying to check off all the simple little items to repair, replace or just polish up.   I want to change all the fuse holders and old breakers to something more modern.  I am looking for the correct size breakers to replace the fuses.  If I just use the current fuse size, I am worried that the current fuses may not be the correct size. So any help or suggestions will be appreciated.  

Another thing is the old fuse holders are all soldered , and I was thinking of using connectors instead of soldering them in place.  Again looking for suggestions.  

She is an elderly old girl and I am flying her a coupe of times a week.  I think I can replace the fuse holder with breakers and still continue to fly.  I don't want to start anything that will prevent me from flying while I am getting the hours and training to get my certificate (Sport Pilot)  Again as always, Thanks

Ron
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Apr 2022 21:51 by Ron Holmes. Reason: I messed up the photo attachment

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds