Breadcrumbs

Autopilot

More
13 Feb 2022 22:13 #7 by Robert James
Replied by Robert James on topic Autopilot
Bravo!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2022 21:27 #8 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Autopilot
Kerry-Do you (or anyone else) know how we could go about getting "official" club involvement? Is there an official business meeting at the annual convention?

More
13 Feb 2022 17:03 #9 by Kerry Carpenter
Replied by Kerry Carpenter on topic Autopilot
I want to make sure everyone understands that expressing an interest through that link does not obligate you to purchase an autopilot (if it becomes certified).  Also, I am willing to bear the upfront cost and loan my plane to Garmin to get the certification for Ercoupes.  You have only a "win" situation by adding your support in "expressing interest" to Garmin.  You could gain an option to get an autopilot without any of the certification costs.  I am hoping the Club as a whole will pass a resolution to support the request.  Max Unruh (in charge of this department at Garmin) said that support from an organized owner group will make a difference in getting on the list for certification.  Please keep this all in mind.  I hope you will support my effort . . . we all stand to gain from it, if I am successful.  Thank you in advance!

More
13 Feb 2022 15:21 #10 by Robert James
Replied by Robert James on topic Autopilot
I did use the form in your attached link to request an Autopilot be certified for my model of Aircoupe, which is an Alon A2.
FYI, I flew in a new Rans S20 recently in 30 Knt. and gusting Cross Winds. The autopilot in it held light aircraft quite steady.and at Altitude.
It made X-country flying so much nicer!
Cheers,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerry Carpenter

More
06 Feb 2022 21:58 #11 by Kerry Carpenter
Replied by Kerry Carpenter on topic Autopilot
Thanks, John!

More
06 Feb 2022 21:36 #12 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Autopilot
Submitted. Let's hope it works out.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds