Breadcrumbs

Coupe accident, 11/7/20, 3 in a Coupe

More
17 Feb 2021 19:48 #1 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Coupe accident, 11/7/20, 3 in a Coupe
They said there were 2 in the right seat, so one had to be a kid, the only 3 seat Coupe was the G model, and it was limited to a 75lb kid in the baggage area.
I have never seen a photo of the 3rd seat, anyone have photos ?

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2021 08:12 #2 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Coupe accident, 11/7/20, 3 in a Coupe
Very weird and sad! The owner of the airplane is a long time EOC member. I'm trying to visualize how to get three in an airplane. I suspect the third person was a child.

More
17 Feb 2021 06:15 #3 by Matt Gunsch
Coupe accident, 11/7/20, 3 in a Coupe was created by Matt Gunsch
November 7, 2020, Ardmore, Okla.Ercoupe 415-CAt about 0805 Central time, the airplane was substantially damaged when collided with terrain after the aileron controls reportedly jammed. The commercial pilot sustained serious injuries and the two passengers sustained minor injuries. Visual conditions prevailed for the sightseeing flight.As the airplane flew over a neighborhood, the pilot executed a left bank. One passenger later reported the pilot stated, “this is bad,” and was unable to control the ailerons and return the airplane to level flight. The pilot attempted to move the control yoke multiple times, to no avail. The pilot then attempted to land in an open field but the airplane impacted a tree and came to rest inverted. The NTSB noted that the airplane manufacturer’s documentation states it seats two.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds