Breadcrumbs

Fear for the Future of General Aviation

More
29 Jan 2021 12:05 #7 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Fear for the Future of General Aviation
I reluctantly agree with Larry. Small GA is an easy target. It will allow "them" to show great progress with carbon emission control, lead polution control, and attacking a luxury of the "rich" lifestyle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2021 11:52 #8 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Fear for the Future of General Aviation
GA could be threatened, but probably not by climate change. As you say, there aren't that many small planes. Eliminating recreational GA would have minimal impact on carbon emissions. If GA is threatened, it will be because of increased complexity of our airspace system, expensive training, expensive aircraft, and mostly lack of interest from the general public. I suspect old airplanes will stick around, just like old cars are still driven despite not meeting modern standards.

More
28 Jan 2021 09:16 #9 by Larry Snyder
Fear for the Future of General Aviation was created by Larry Snyder
I'm writing this with great sadness. But I'm watching the news and I am fearful that it won't be long until General Aviation will be in the crosshairs of the great Climate Change cabal that is threatening our American way of life.

Why do I think GA is an easy target?

1. There aren't that many people in the USA who would be affected by the elimination of GA. There aren't that many private pilots and small planes.
2. GA aircraft are almost all powered by old, air-cooled, inefficient engines that burn leaded gasoline. How awful! 
3. This would be a quick way to brag about eliminating a technology that pollutes badly. They don't need to mention that there really aren't that many small planes. 

So I'm fearful that it won't be long until our precious airplanes will become lawn ornaments. I hope I'm wrong. Your opinions?

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds