Breadcrumbs

Data Plate Location 1946 415c

• fred egge
  • Topic Author
16 Aug 2017 08:01 #1 by fred egge
Replied by fred egge on topic Data Plate Location 1946 415c
Went digging around with a bore scope behind fabric and under hat shelf. Found where it was located originally and holes filled in and 99% sure I see it re-mounted behind a fabric panel. Just need some disassembly and relocation, probably when we do the baggage mod this winter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2017 19:41 #2 by Kevin Gassert
Replied by Kevin Gassert on topic Data Plate Location 1946 415c
Normal location when you have the canvas bag is on the hat self. If it has carpet on it look underneath.

Kevin

More
15 Aug 2017 12:01 #3 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Data Plate Location 1946 415c
Do you know the Serial Number of the plane? It looks like you are checking the FAA records (you can order a CD with the full history that they have), that is a good place to start. I was just thinking, maybe the data plate was removed and relocated on another plane. Since it is possible to replace a plane part by part, theoretically one could replace an entire plane by simply moving the data plate to another. Certification could get muddy.

More
14 Aug 2017 15:41 #4 by Bruce Mohler
Replied by Bruce Mohler on topic Data Plate Location 1946 415c
Mine is on the pilot side under the horizontal stabilizer. Has model, serial number and mfg. date.

• fred egge
  • Topic Author
14 Aug 2017 13:27 #5 by fred egge
Data Plate Location 1946 415c was created by fred egge
First off I should say hello to the group since I will/should/hopefully be another Ercoupe owner. Actually its for my wife to learn and get her sport pilot rating in, I currently own a 1971 Bonanza V35B so we will be a two plane family.

But I need a little help first at locating the Data Plate. I thought it would be on the sides behind the seats but I could not find it anywhere.
It has some kind of canvas bag area behind the seat with a sipper bottom to access the battery and fuselage area so I was able to look all around under and behind it on both sides and could not find it.

Where else could I look for this? I am hoping to close on it before the weekend and make sure it is good to meet the LSA requirements (yes I am in process of log book review and title / STC search to confirm it has not had any conversions) this is the last hurdle.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds