Breadcrumbs

MOSAIC Update - Notice of Proposed Rule Making

• Lynn Kramer
18 Aug 2023 14:19 - 18 Aug 2023 14:20 #1 by Lynn Kramer
Replied by Lynn Kramer on topic MOSAIC Update - Notice of Proposed Rule Making
As I listened in at a meet of EAA club in KMAN, Nampa Idaho, I heard it said that MOSAIC was geared toward the LSA laws in EU countries. There, my Ercoupe would be considered an Ultra Light and would not require a rating at all to fly. It would keep Ultra Lights within a certain distance of an airfield though. Have you heard or understood anything about that? I am training to fly by '46 415-C and am at the Solo Xcountry milestone.
Last edit: 18 Aug 2023 14:20 by Lynn Kramer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• William McCormick
  • William McCormick's Avatar Topic Author
More
20 Jul 2023 19:08 #2 by William McCormick
Replied by William McCormick on topic MOSAIC Update - Notice of Proposed Rule Making
Naaaah would any good 'coupe driver do that? ;) On the bright side though an STC to 1400 would mean my wife and I could actually have luggage plus full tanks AND fly VFR at night which would be sweet. Just have to remove all interior panels, rework the panel, get a wooden prop, Lithium battery, low weight alternator, add an LED landing light and go on a diet... Easy Peasy.

Thank you Larry for the quick, succinct and awesome summary on MOSAIC! Saved me some reading akin to when I had to read and recite the NATOPS for the P-3C II back in the day. Called it the Big Blue Sleeping Pill for a good reason. :)

More
20 Jul 2023 18:20 - 20 Jul 2023 18:21 #3 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic MOSAIC Update - Notice of Proposed Rule Making
It removes every limitation from sport pilots except for retaining the one passenger limit. You can fly a BE36 but four seats have to be empty! And you can fly at night and VFR on top, which I know none of were doing anyway ;^}
Last edit: 20 Jul 2023 18:21 by Larry Snyder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: William McCormick

• William McCormick
  • William McCormick's Avatar Topic Author
More
20 Jul 2023 17:14 - 20 Jul 2023 17:18 #4 by William McCormick
MOSAIC Update - Notice of Proposed Rule Making was created by William McCormick
For all the 'Coupe Drivers in case you have not received the notification and document yet (File Size was too big):

public-inspection.federalregister.gov/20...urce=ehotline_230720
Last edit: 20 Jul 2023 17:18 by William McCormick.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds