Breadcrumbs

Effect of MOSAIC on prices

More
07 Jun 2023 22:19 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Effect of MOSAIC on prices
Try to buy a salvage airplane. Big guys have driven up prices just for the engines. We bid on a wrecked Alon that the tail group was the only unbent part. $5 K did not get it. Can you C90

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Alex Gilson
25 Apr 2023 11:03 #2 by Alex Gilson
Replied by Alex Gilson on topic Effect of MOSAIC on prices
I suspect that if it does, it won't be much. Consider that prices don't have very far to drop - the ercoupe is already the most inexpensive two-place certificated aircraft that can be bought. 

I get the sense there's a small differential between the light sport eligible models and the rest - maybe it's 4-5k. That differential has no reason to continue, so we can guess prices will probably equalize, more or less, between the models. If it simply drops, that's probably the approximate amount of money that's in play. Probably not worth agonizing over.

More
19 Apr 2023 11:15 #3 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Effect of MOSAIC on prices
Who knows when the rules will change? I would not count on any rule until it’s in effect. What hit Ercoupe prices was BasicMed. The bulk of folks flying light sport Ercoupes are holders of private pilot certificates who quit getting medicals when they feared failing. Now many of them can fly bigger airplanes under BasicMed.

If you’re already worried about reselling the coupe before you buy it, you might want to look at other types. You should buy an Ercoupe because it’s cheap to fly and it’s fun and unique.

I always say that one of the Great Lies, right after “I’ll respect you in the morning” is “I bought this airplane as an investment”!

More
19 Apr 2023 09:43 #4 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic Effect of MOSAIC on prices
After rolling my Magic 8 ball, it said "Cannot predict now.". Repeated rolls yielded similar results (notably: " Reply hazy, try again.")

• Nathan Bissonette
  • Topic Author
More
19 Apr 2023 09:19 #5 by Nathan Bissonette
Effect of MOSAIC on prices was created by Nathan Bissonette
Presently negotiating to buy an Ercoupe 415-C.  Prices for aircraft that I can fly with a sport pilot license seem high right now.  Wondering what the community thinks will happen to Ercoupe prices after MOSAIC rules are released and more aircraft qualify to be flown with a sport pilot license?  Am I going to lose a ton of money because sport pilot buyers will shift to 152s and Tri-Pacers?  Should I hold off buying?  Or do Ercoupes occupy a special niche so prices will stay high enough for me to recover my investment>  Come on, people, shake up those Magic 8 balls.  What's the future hold? 

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds