Breadcrumbs

Ercoupe Light Sportl

More
22 Apr 2022 17:28 #1 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Ercoupe Light Sportl
You can try to slim down your airplane. I removed an old WW II era attitude indicator and lost 17 pounds! I removed all instruments except those required and the Venturi and used my GPS and phone for information. Went to an alternator. You can also go to a lightweight starter and battery. I’ll bet you can remove most of the 80 pounds difference. And you know, burning 5 gallons an hour means that every hour of flight you are 30 pounds lighter!

The advantage of light sport? You need no medical other than your driver’s license.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2022 17:19 #2 by John Farrell
Ercoupe Light Sportl was created by John Farrell
Considering an ERcoupe which is" light sport
" (1320lbs).  Just sold my ERcoupe 1948 415E with GW of 1400 and EW 936.  I could carry myself (205) and about 14 gallons of fuel and a passenger weighing 205 and be at 1433.  C-85 old engine.  With a light sport GW of 1320 lbs,  I figure it would be difficult to carry a passenger  who weighs more than 120 lbs. and have more than 10 gallons in the tanks.   Would appreciate any comments/ experience of other long time ERcoupe light sport folks in loading your planes.   Also,  what's the advantage of light sport as far as the FAA regs go?  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds