Breadcrumbs

fuel pump

More
08 May 2021 18:48 #1 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic fuel pump
All Ercoupes left the factory with that valve. It’s a safety hazard NOT to have it. It can shut off fuel from the wings to the engine in case of an engine fire. You are supposed to have it wired open with breakable copper wire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lawson Laslo
08 May 2021 18:15 #2 by Lawson Laslo
Replied by Lawson Laslo on topic fuel pump

My top tank kept running dry and I assumed it was the fuel pump. Was about to replace it when a person on this forum cautioned me about something. He told me that on some Ercoups there is a shut off valve on the passenger side right where the passenger  would have his right foot but just under the  flap. I looked, and sure enough my passengers right foot hade pressed down on the fuel shut off lever with his right foot shutting of the feed to the top tank! smoking  Hope this helps someone. Larry Mccartin  N93436  Grants, New Mexico

One option is to secure it open with copper safety wire, in an emergency it can be easily broken to turn off the fuel valve

• Larry McCartin
04 May 2021 13:13 #3 by Larry McCartin
Replied by Larry McCartin on topic fuel pump
My top tank kept running dry and I assumed it was the fuel pump. Was about to replace it when a person on this forum cautioned me about something. He told me that on some Ercoups there is a shut off valve on the passenger side right where the passenger  would have his right foot but just under the  flap. I looked, and sure enough my passengers right foot hade pressed down on the fuel shut off lever with his right foot shutting of the feed to the top tank! smoking  Hope this helps someone. Larry Mccartin  N93436  Grants, New Mexico

More
04 Nov 2020 12:05 #4 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic fuel pump
I keep an FPA 28/29 kit from Then and Now on hand, in case the diaphragm fails. I still buy the gaskets from Aircraft Spruce for the pump AD compliance. The AS gaskets are higher quality.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Don Burquest

More
03 Nov 2020 21:47 #5 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic fuel pump
are you sure it is the pump and not the float ?
There are no "official" kits, at least those available to us mere mortals, That pump originally came from a 34 Buick, Check out then and now automotive,

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

• Don Burquest
  • Topic Author
03 Nov 2020 15:18 #6 by Don Burquest
fuel pump was created by Don Burquest
I have a Continental C-75 in my Ercoupe. The fuel pump is weak--it can keep up at 1/2, but it cannot get the float to the top of the indicator. Float is OK, visual check in fuselage tank reveals level below overflow tube. Can the pump diaphragm be replaced? Or?

Thanks, Don

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds