Breadcrumbs

Handheld Radio

More
02 Sep 2020 15:45 #1 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic Handheld Radio
I have 2, the old original that came with my Ercoupe. Guy mounted the belt buckle clip to the intrument panel and it stays there, it's plugged into the cigarette lighter port for power, has an external antennae lead, and the mic/headphone cable is lead back to plug into an intercom box. For backup I purchase a new Sporty's PJ200 that already has the mic/headphone jacks on the unit, just added a push to talk button between radio and headset mic plug. I just set the radio next to me on the seat. If you are using the rubber ducky antennae you will need to hold it up to get a good signal out, I usually have the side window open and it works fine near airport. Going to come up with a simple external antenna to clip to the windshield bow above my head with a small plastic C-clamp. Makes for a complete portable unit I can use in my other LSA amphib.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2020 09:08 #2 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Handheld Radio
I carry one as a back up, I have 2 com antennas on the Coupe, one is for the primary, the other I use for the handheld, I installed a BNC bulkhead connector in the panel, when I use the handheld, I connect it with a section of coax cable.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

• Jon Reese
  • Topic Author
01 Sep 2020 18:19 #3 by Jon Reese
Handheld Radio was created by Jon Reese
Does anyone use a handheld radio in their 'coupe? If so how did you mount?

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds