Breadcrumbs

Header tank

More
02 Dec 2019 21:54 - 02 Dec 2019 21:56 #1 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Header tank
At my first annual last March they found a weeping rivet on the Alon's header tank (missed on the pre-purchase inspection and my pre-flights). After some back and forth the mechanics agreed to try Pro-Seal around the rivet before trying to remove and repair/replace the tank. So far that seems to be working. One of the wing tanks appears to have an epoxy layer around a rivet from some time past that is also working. The Pro-Seal or similar would be worth considering.
Last edit: 02 Dec 2019 21:56 by John Jones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Keith Carden
  • Topic Author
02 Dec 2019 21:42 #2 by Keith Carden
Header tank was created by Keith Carden
Finding these Ercoupe are definitely a "labor of love".

After getting my Coupe back from annual, I now find that the header tank seems to have a very very small drip/seep to it. I do not assume that anything was done at annual that would have caused this, but am going to take a closer look at it.

On first glance, it feels like the fuel may be seeping from corners/seems of tank. I have logs from the start and don't see that anything had ever been done to the header tank and it may just be simply leaking. I know that at least one of the wing tanks has been repaired.

With that said, I am open to whatever vast range of ideas this group may have with regard to resolving. Since owning (a year) I have approached maintenance items as a "do it right" and "don't get cheap on me now" type scenario, but the "new" tanks are ridiculously expensive so am open to ideas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds