Breadcrumbs

Proper Elevator Deflection Setting

• Arlan Allen
11 Jul 2019 15:39 #1 by Arlan Allen
Replied by Arlan Allen on topic Proper Elevator Deflection Setting
Use an electronic protractor measure the travel of your elevator. The travel limits are listed on the Type Certificate Data Sheet number A-718 and in the Service Manual.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2019 18:56 #2 by Bruce Bennett
Replied by Bruce Bennett on topic Proper Elevator Deflection Setting
At an Ercoupe maintenance seminar it was pointed out that using the front hole was causing stress problems in the L shaped bracket. Use of the rear hole was advised. The rear hole in my 415-C is substantially larger than the front making the change impractical. Assuming both of your bracket holes are the same diameter, I suggest marking the elevator up travel with masking tape on the rudder, move the rod to the rear hole, then check for any change in the up travel. Attach rod to whichever hole you then deem appropriate.
-Bruce.

• John Pollock
  • Topic Author
23 Jun 2019 22:09 #3 by John Pollock
Proper Elevator Deflection Setting was created by John Pollock
I have a 1946 Ercoupe 415C just out of an annual. The mechanic readjusted my elevator travel and I have nowhere close to the same deflection UP that I had before. I have NOT flown the plane sense it's inspection but fear that I will NOT have the same elevator authority as before. There are two holes in my elevator connection tab on the bottom. Can anyone tell me the correct hole for the connecting rod? John Pollock This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds