Breadcrumbs

Fuel in the header decreasing with fuel in mains

More
25 Feb 2023 12:18 #1 by Ron Holmes
Replied by Ron Holmes on topic Fuel in the header decreasing with fuel in mains
1,000 thank you's...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2023 10:29 #2 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Fuel in the header decreasing with fuel in mains
Apparently our fuel pumps were used in Buicks and Chevys. Check this out.

www.then-now-auto.com/product/buick-fpa-29/

I still get the gaskets for the AD from Aircraft Spruce, they appear to be higher quality.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Holmes

More
25 Feb 2023 00:37 #3 by Ron Holmes
Replied by Ron Holmes on topic Fuel in the header decreasing with fuel in mains
I know this is an old post but very relevant to my situation.  What did you use to rebuild the fuel pump?  Part # where purchased,  anything that will help (now begging)  I have the very same issue...  The header tank is emptying faster than it is being refilled and I believe it is the one way valve.  I would like to rebuild the pump and feel safe again on a long flight.  I was on a long xcountry last week and when I landed I had 5 gallons in the wing tanks and about 1 in the header tank.  I have a post currently in the Forum addressing this issue.  Any help is much appreciated... 
Attachments:

More
10 Oct 2019 16:27 #4 by Chris Howard
Replied by Chris Howard on topic Fuel in the header decreasing with fuel in mains
Well that's at least somewhere to start looking. Thank you

• Ben Hacker
10 Oct 2019 16:05 #5 by Ben Hacker
Replied by Ben Hacker on topic Fuel in the header decreasing with fuel in mains
I had the same problem and we found a loose fitting that connects the fuel line to the input side of the fuel pump. It was sucking some air along with the fuel. After tightening the fitting another turn everything is fine again. I believe that a leaking fuel cover gasket or a failing fuel pump could also be the problem. Again, I'm NOT an expert.......or mechanic.

More
10 Oct 2019 12:04 #6 by Chris Howard
Replied by Chris Howard on topic Fuel in the header decreasing with fuel in mains
I have a question to follow up this conversation if anyone knows the answer. I have noticed fluctuations in my header tank this year where it is going up and down but, not consistently. In years past, I cannot recall it moving at all when fuel is in the mains yet. Is this the sign of a failing fuel pump or should I start by checking the fuel pump cover like the issue below?

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds