Breadcrumbs

cleaning products

More
12 Feb 2024 12:05 #1 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic cleaning products
For the windows, I use a spray for motorcycle windshields. Also, lemon Pledge works well on windows. I don’t recommend Simple Green for windows, I’ve had it craze my motorcycle windscreens. But for oil and grease, the aviation version of Simple Green is great. I do not use the regular commercial version of Simple Green. What I like to do is use that special Simple Green to remove grease and oil from the plane, including the belly, the wash the plane down with Dawn dishwashing detergent, then rinsing it all off. I wait until all that cleaning is done before cleaning and polishing the clear parts with Pledge or a cleaning and polishing spray.

So my only real caveat is to not use Simple Green on the windows and to wash off any Simple Green after using it to remove grease and stuff. Theee may not be necessary, but they are good for my peace of mind!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2024 11:40 #2 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic cleaning products
Simple Green. It is saft to use, I use it a lot.

• Nathan Bissonette
  • Topic Author
More
08 Feb 2024 10:30 #3 by Nathan Bissonette
cleaning products was created by Nathan Bissonette
I've been researching cleaning products and I'm bewildered. 

I want to clean bugs off the windshield;  oil from the engine compartment (overfilled, sprayed everywhere) and oil from the painted aluminum belly (ran out of the cowl from the engine compartment). 

What products do you recommend and which should I stay away from? 

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds