Breadcrumbs

updated interior

More
06 Dec 2023 00:51 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic updated interior
lets talk off site This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nathan Bissonette
  • Topic Author
More
03 Dec 2023 08:57 #2 by Nathan Bissonette
Replied by Nathan Bissonette on topic updated interior
Wow, that's a great offer, thank you! But I'm not sure if Florida is the best place to send them. Let me explain:

I'm in a transition year. We sold our home in the Twin Cities and bought a place in Jamaica Bay (a senior citizens retirement community in Fort Myers). I'm still working and living in an apartment until I can retire next year, my wife is already retired and is spending the winter at the place in Florida). I bought my Ercoupe over Thanksgiving but it's stored in a hangar in Spearfish South Dakota until I can get it moved to a hangar in Amery Wisconsin and then to Florida when I retire. Yup, my life's a scattered mess right now.

I was hoping to work on the interior in Minnesota this winter so I could install the seat and panels before my wife comes back from Florida to see it. Except she's much better on the sewing machine so maybe I should abandon my pride and beg her for help? I'm visiting her this week - let me see how she feels about airplane stuff taking over her vacation.

Thanks again for your amazingly generous offer!

More
03 Dec 2023 01:00 - 03 Dec 2023 01:02 #3 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic updated interior
Nathan, I could make paper cut out for you to use as a pattern. I just put up over my garage three set for my projects. Where in Fort Myers is your house?
Last edit: 03 Dec 2023 01:02 by Warren Hampton. Reason: more to say

More
01 Dec 2023 21:58 #4 by Raymond Knox
Replied by Raymond Knox on topic updated interior
Good idea for a winter project. Flammability's standard, depends on the standard the aircraft was certified under. What model are you talking about? Of course exceeding the original standard is not a bad thing. Biggest things I have seen, on owner / operator interiors, is using to long of fasteners and unknowingly damaging other things. Such as wire bundles, control systems, etc… Just be careful and make sure what is behind any fasteners.

• Nathan Bissonette
  • Topic Author
More
16 Nov 2023 14:57 #5 by Nathan Bissonette
updated interior was created by Nathan Bissonette
Thinking about updating my Ercoupe's interior - side panels and kick panels, reupholster the seat, carpet the floor - as a DIY winter project.  I know there are flammability standards for fabrics.  Any other tips or traps?  Photos and sketches appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds