Breadcrumbs

Real Gasket Push Rod Tube Installation

More
09 Feb 2023 15:50 #1 by David Jones
Replied by David Jones on topic Real Gasket Push Rod Tube Installation
Thanks for the info. Since everything will be removed, I will have all push rod tubes replaced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2023 07:27 #2 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Real Gasket Push Rod Tube Installation
I have them on my plane and they work, no leaks, but do not buy the tool from real gaskets, it is a Briggs and Stratton valve spring tool and you can get it from amazon for about $12.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
08 Feb 2023 07:17 - 08 Feb 2023 07:23 #3 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic Real Gasket Push Rod Tube Installation
Buddy and I did it last summer, all 8 tubes in 2 days. Definitely buy their spring compressing tool. We also used an interior tube cutter, no mess and Easy to cut out old tubes.
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Feb 2023 07:23 by Michael Hainen. Reason: Spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Jones

More
07 Feb 2023 17:48 #4 by Kenneth Crofut
Replied by Kenneth Crofut on topic Real Gasket Push Rod Tube Installation
My A/P installed the Real gasket tube kit on my C85 a couple of years ago. Stopped the leaks. My white cowling no longer has oil streaks every time I fly.
Ken N87207 
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Jones

More
07 Feb 2023 16:10 - 07 Feb 2023 16:46 #5 by David Jones
Real Gasket Push Rod Tube Installation was created by David Jones
Has anybody within the group ever "upgraded" their existing push rod tubes to the Real Gasket example?  I have developed an oil leak coming from the tube at the no. 2 cylinder.  Has gotten worse over the course of flying more.  Anyway, I had a mechanic take a look (was use to the simplification of continental installs for Cessna 150's).  He saw all the baffling and was curious if the removal of the existing tube could be done without removing the baffle.  Yes, everything else (prop, nose bowl, etc.) has to be removed in order to pull the valve cover to take out the existing push rod prior to cutting out the old...For some reason, he feels that I can perform the majority of the work...not!  Working on an engine makes me a bit skiddish.  Oil change?, no problem.  Any comment or recommendations is greatly appreciated.  I will get my regular Ercoupe A&P to the work with my assistance.
Thanks.
Last edit: 07 Feb 2023 16:46 by David Jones.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds