Breadcrumbs

Compact Radios, Transponders and Intercoms

More
23 Feb 2022 22:57 #7 by Tim Cowden
Replied by Tim Cowden on topic Compact Radios, Transponders and Intercoms
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  Please keep them coming, it seems that others can benefit as well as me.  Something weird I have noticed is I've received more than twice as many responses forwarded to my Iphone as I see in the actual forum when I log in.  I don't understand how that happens.

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2022 10:12 #8 by Ken Thompson
Replied by Ken Thompson on topic Compact Radios, Transponders and Intercoms
I originally had a Becker unit in my Ercoupe. It was the equivalent of the 4201, but it was two pieces. The control head fit easily anywhere in the panel as it was only about two inches deep. The actual receiver/transmitter could be mounted anywhere under the panel. Mine was mounted horizontally up against the firewall.

Used Becker units can be had cheaply these days after the forced replacement of existing units in favor of newly required 8.33 kHZ frequency spacing.

But that’s another thing I like about my previously mentioned TQ radio. It already has the ability to switch to 8.33 spacing if the US decided to do that.

• Gianni Leonarduzzi
21 Feb 2022 09:34 #9 by Gianni Leonarduzzi
Replied by Gianni Leonarduzzi on topic Compact Radios, Transponders and Intercoms
I have installed a Becker 4201 on my panel and it fits great, but it is under the header tank. The point is that w=you will need some space behind the radio, once installed, to connect the antenna and the RS232-type connector (this came loose and I had to reach back there to plug it back in - it does have two small screws to keep it tight, but I cannot get to them...)
It works great, but I had to fiddle with the software adjustments for the squelch and the microphone sensitivity to get to optimum noise when transmitting (I have a DC headset).

More
19 Feb 2022 12:54 #10 by Ken Thompson
Replied by Ken Thompson on topic Compact Radios, Transponders and Intercoms
Another feature of the TQ KRT2 radio is that it has a built in intercom. No need for a separate unit.

More
19 Feb 2022 12:50 #11 by Charles Rosenfeld
Replied by Charles Rosenfeld on topic Compact Radios, Transponders and Intercoms
Got my Flightline 760 through Aircraft Spruce
... the newer 760A has an additional intercom only mode. No problems in the 4 yeard I've had it, and great customer service

More
19 Feb 2022 08:02 #12 by George Polos
Replied by George Polos on topic Compact Radios, Transponders and Intercoms
Thanks Ken. I'll check it out.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds