Breadcrumbs

Paperwork Required For Installation of Dynon Skyview

More
12 Aug 2021 11:11 #7 by John Jones
Yes, with qualifications. For engine instruments you can use a dedicated engine monitor like a CGR-30P which lists the 'coupes on the AML. For an attitude indicator under NORSEE you would have several options from Garmin, Dynon, GRT, uAvionix. On my Alon I removed all the vacuum instruments and have a GRT Mini GA for attitude and navigation and a CGR-30P for engine instruments. I kept the airspeed, altimeter, oil pressure, oil temperature and tachometer. It is possible to do the entire engine instruments with a CGR-30P if you go with their more advanced option. I like the Mini GA because it has synthetic vision, a moving map, takes navigation data from my Garmin Aera 660, and has a flight director. The Aera can also feed gps data to the CGR-30P for estimated fuel remaining for the trip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2021 10:59 #8 by Tim Cowden
Thanks for that insight John.  I will call Dynon.  Are you aware of any "Glass" manufacturers that have been approved for 'coupes?

Tim

More
11 Aug 2021 21:06 #9 by John Jones
Unless there has been an update to Dynon's AML the 'coupes are not on the list. Dynon has indicated that it's possible in the future but have given no time frame. Even if the 415-C can operate as an LSA it is still a certificated airplane and would require approved data (STC or field approval) for the replacement of FAR 91 required instrumentation.

You might contact Dynon and inquire about adding the Ercope/Aircoupes. If enough of us do perhaps that will happen.

John

More
11 Aug 2021 17:43 #10 by Tim Cowden
I just bought a 1946 415-C in San Diego.  I would like to replace the entire instrument panel.  I have found a source for the panel itself and I want to install a 7" Dynon Skyview unit with moving map.  It appears that I can replace all of my old flight and engine instruments with the Skyview.  My 415-C is below the 1,320 lb LSA limit.  Since it qualifies as an LSA, can I buy the uncertified Dynon Skyview unit even though my aircraft is a "Certified" aircraft?  

Thanks a bunch,
Tim

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds