Breadcrumbs

Desperately Need Shaft Seals and Gaskets for C-90 16 F engine

More
13 May 2021 09:01 #1 by Robert James
Matt, thank you for providing the continental engine Schematics and part reference numbers. Armed with that information I was able to order seals and gaskets for the generator, starter, tach drive, and oil screen from AC Spruce Canada, and receive free shipping as I also ordered tires and other stuff at the same time. FYI, I was able to obtain the urgently needed seal for the vac pump driveshaft locally and cheaply by providing them with the OD & ID info from the old seal once it was removed. The seal and new style vac pump by Rapco has already been installed.
Also, a big thanks to everyone who provided potential info suppliers of these parts. I’ll retain that in full for future purchases. Cheers all, Bob j.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2021 03:14 #2 by Edward Moore
As Randy suggested, try Fresno first. My experience with them, they don't usually need part numbers, just tell them what you need to fix the problem and they will know the part #. Also , typically you'll get the best price there!

• Randy Hirsch
11 May 2021 12:35 #3 by Randy Hirsch

More
10 May 2021 20:37 #4 by Matt Gunsch
Hope this helps, you can get them from wagaero, aircraft spruce, chief, 

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert James

More
10 May 2021 19:55 #5 by Robert James
My A2 Aircoupe Continental is an engine that is new to me. Today  my Old retired AME and I removed the old Vac Pump and confirmed oil was leaking from the engine around the shaft drive due to a poor seal. My dilemma now is where do I get a new seal, and also the 2 associated gaskets.
Part numbers and a source that sells these are badly needed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Also, I will soon be needing shaft seals and associated gaskets for both the generator and starter, so my question above also applies to these two items.. Again, I would be great full for any part numbers and tips on where to purchase these. Cheers, Bob

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds