Breadcrumbs

Aircraft ID plate

More
02 Nov 2020 19:49 #1 by Kevin Gassert
Replied by Kevin Gassert on topic Aircraft ID plate
They were originally on the slanted hat shelf but hat shelves get removed and then the data plate gets moved. In the late eighties or early nineties the FAA made a rule that the aircraft info had to be under the left horizontal to make it easer for identification in case of an accident. Some people moved the data plate and others did something else. They really didn’t recommend putting the data plate out there where is could get stolen but my 1951 G has the data plate under the horizontal and it appears the factory did it. Actually it has two Dara plates because the factory took an E and converted it to G Club Air before selling it and added a second G data plate beside the E data plate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2020 05:45 - 30 Oct 2020 07:36 #2 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic Aircraft ID plate
Mine is located on the left side exterior of the fuselage under the horizontal stabilizer out of the sun, rain, elements and still very readable.Finally got out to fly wednesday after 2 weeks of crummy weather. Took some pictures of my ID plates. I have the original in the cockpit on the turtle deck behind the pilot and the modern sticker type under the stabilizer.
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Oct 2020 07:36 by Michael Hainen. Reason: add photos

• Morris Pearson
  • Topic Author
27 Oct 2020 18:35 #3 by Morris Pearson
Aircraft ID plate was created by Morris Pearson
Where should these guys be located on a 415 C? Have it loose in the aircraft files but pretty sure it is should be attached to the airframe somewhere. One source said his was attached inside the baggage area however. hat seems odd to me.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds