Breadcrumbs

Best radios for Forney panel. (Small).

More
14 Mar 2019 07:26 #7 by Patrick Oltmanns
Replied by Patrick Oltmanns on topic Best radios for Forney panel. (Small).
Ken, Gene -

This is the latest (yesterday's) communication from the EOC (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.):

"The seller tells me we need to be ready to make payment on our TailBeacon order (now up to 133 units) in early April. They say they are ready to ship as soon as the TSOs comes through, expected by the end of this month.

Therefore, on March 19 I will send out a request for payment.

All payments must be made out to:

Larry Snyder - EOC

And sent to:
EOC ADS-B
PO Box 220
Pleasant Grove, AR 72567"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2019 22:31 #8 by Ken Thompson
Replied by Ken Thompson on topic Best radios for Forney panel. (Small).
Gene, I’m pretty certain the buying group is closed. The SkyBeacons have been shipped and the TailBeacon shipping is imminent.

More
13 Mar 2019 22:29 #9 by Ken Thompson
Patrick, I really like my little Becker though it did give me a problem recently and had to be rebuilt. In the meantime, I found a great deal on an avionics shop rebuilt Becker RT (the big, remote mount section) “just in case” for the future. I don’t believe they make them anymore.
There are a ton of the one piece Beckers for sale in Europe after the mandated frequency upheaval.
Most of them, though. Are the one piece versions that will not fit in our panels. But if you keep looking, you might find the two piece. (control head and RT.)

BUT, if I was going NEW, I’d go for a Trig.

• Gene Hershey
13 Mar 2019 22:10 #10 by Gene Hershey
Replied by Gene Hershey on topic Best radios for Forney panel. (Small).
Speaking of Uavionix, I'm a new member, but had heard something about the EOC members receiving a discount from Uavionix if we bought a beacon thru the club. I will be getting a tail beacon for my Ercoupe but waiting for certification. Can anyone tell me if the offer is still on for EOC members, and of so, how do we go about signing up for one? Thanx.

More
13 Mar 2019 21:34 #11 by Patrick Oltmanns
Replied by Patrick Oltmanns on topic Best radios for Forney panel. (Small).
Ken -

I still haven't upgraded my radio (or transponder) yet. At present I'm waiting for the Tail Beacon...

I may do a "Grand Panel Overhaul" in the future: Free up some legroom and replace the radio and transponder with Trigs, MicroAirs, Beckers or similar. I'm also thinking about replacing the whiskey compass with something like a Garmin G5 and putting a card compass on the center strut. But this would call for a completely new panel and I'm not ready to spend that kind of money.

As far as the upholstery goes the Alcantara I chose was equal or less in weight than the vinyl it replaced. The backrest weighed 13.2 and the seat 7.2 lbs prior. The total cost was $925 including new carpeting (see attachment).

Patrick
Attachments:

More
13 Mar 2019 12:29 #12 by Ken Thompson
I know this post is over two years old, but what did you end up doing to resolve your weight and radio issue?

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds