Breadcrumbs

Yoke travel for up elevator - too much?

More
27 Oct 2023 20:59 #1 by Doug Forbes
Replied by Doug Forbes on topic Yoke travel for up elevator - too much?
Yes, of course - sorry I mis-read what you wrote. I have a pair of pretzels and have been wanting to get them put on, but was worried there was some problem with the control shaft lengths that would have had to be sorted as well. You're right, there must 4-6 inches to be gained (lost) just by swapping to the pretzels. Will give that a go and see.
Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2023 19:52 #2 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Yoke travel for up elevator - too much?
No, it’s the concave shape of those yokes that add a bunch of length. The pretzel yokes are flat. Those rams horns you have look like they are several inches deep.

More
27 Oct 2023 15:09 #3 by Doug Forbes
OK, so found the shaft 415-52055-2 and the length on the factory drawings is 17 13/16 inches. I will try to measure what I have now and see if there's a difference.
If the current shafts are indeed too long, I don't suppose they can simply be trimmed to the correct length, but will have to be replaced with new ($$) shafts of the proper length?

More
27 Oct 2023 14:43 - 27 Oct 2023 14:51 #4 by Doug Forbes
  Thanks- do I understand correctly that the shafts for the yokes I have now are too long by 6"?  Is the correct shaft length given somwhere in the parts catalogue?  I have a pair of pretzels I want put on and if the shafts need to be changed/corrected this is the time to do it.
Last edit: 27 Oct 2023 14:51 by Doug Forbes. Reason: Corrected answer

More
27 Oct 2023 14:29 #5 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Yoke travel for up elevator - too much?
Looks like those yokes add 6” over the original pretzel yokes.

More
27 Oct 2023 13:46 - 27 Oct 2023 13:48 #6 by Doug Forbes
Yoke travel for up elevator - too much? was created by Doug Forbes
I am having a problem when landing my Coupe, and would appreciate any help anyone can give.  When flaring for landing, the yoke comes back so far that I literally cannot bring my left arm & wrist any farther back.  Apart from being awkward and uncomfortable, it makes it very difficult to apply any aileron input, and seems neither right nor safe.   The trim is always set for landing, the elevator up/down travel is set as per specs (confirmed at annual two months ago).  The photo shows the situation as it is when flaring.  I fly approach at 75-80 mph and am not trying to get the nose too high in the flare, I think, but it just seems wrong.  Is there something in the setup of yoke travel that could help?  If the seat back could go aft even a few inches it would help but the design won't allow that.
  Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Many thanks.
 Doug Forbes  C-FWFF s/n 516

Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Oct 2023 13:48 by Doug Forbes. Reason: Add serial no.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds