Breadcrumbs

Tall Newbies & Leg Room

More
15 Jul 2023 13:52 #1 by James Gouin
Replied by James Gouin on topic Tall Newbies & Leg Room
I agree Larry , Vernon has always help me plus has the parts that I need for the Ercoupe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2023 09:11 - 02 Jul 2023 09:15 #2 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Tall Newbies & Leg Room
Thank you, Larry for the backup, I was totally vague... Removing the pedals and returning to Two control only require adding a bolt to the mixer under the set. removes that tunnel on the floor for the cables to the mixer..  Vern phone is 803 360 2061
Last edit: 02 Jul 2023 09:15 by Warren Hampton. Reason: Adding more

• William McCormick
  • William McCormick's Avatar Topic Author
More
02 Jul 2023 08:07 #3 by William McCormick
Replied by William McCormick on topic Tall Newbies & Leg Room
Wilco and thank you both!

More
02 Jul 2023 08:03 #4 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Tall Newbies & Leg Room
Vernon Gregory is, in my humble opinion, one of the main reasons we have as many Ercoupes in the air as we do! I cannot imagine owning an Ercoupe without him. He owns Skyport and is based in South Carolina. He runs ads in the Coupe Capers. Not only is he the most honest person you will ever deal with, he knows Ercoupes inside and out. He is a resource for parts, information, and commiseration. Get to know him. You will not regret it!

• William McCormick
  • William McCormick's Avatar Topic Author
More
02 Jul 2023 07:58 #5 by William McCormick
Replied by William McCormick on topic Tall Newbies & Leg Room
Roger that Warren, who is Vern? One of the folks at Univair?

No one told me she'd be like strapping on a mini twin tailed devil. I've taken Tweety up a few times now and absolutely love her. Other than needing a shoehorn to get in I actually do have about an inch or so between knee and panel when I do not use the pedals. Been acclimating to the "pedal-ess" cross wind landings. Very different and the main gear works amazingly.

Went thru the logs taking more time, she has a C85 and a McCauley pitched for climb. I was getting 850 - 900 ft/min with density altitude of 2100 ft on an 85F day with thick haze in an 80 mph climb.

More
01 Jul 2023 16:39 #6 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Tall Newbies & Leg Room
Mr. Raty is right on I would call Vern to get and old panel. Save the frame and puta new face on that, then build the panel you want.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds