Breadcrumbs

FAIRLEAD (2)

More
13 Jun 2023 18:09 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic FAIRLEAD (2)
Thumbs up, pretty Coupe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2023 05:46 - 12 Jun 2023 05:51 #2 by Andre Fodor
Replied by Andre Fodor on topic FAIRLEAD (2)
The fairlead issue has been resolved. The top elevator cable was indeed installed incorrectly and it has been like this for likely over 20 years and many annuals.  And that being said, the flight controls were completely smooth, nothing was binding.  The cables were in perfect shape as well, no strands broken or visible damage. . The only reason that I found the issue was that i have been going through the airplane’s every inch and finally got inside the empennage to clean and corrosion x the interior.

the airplane is new to me and I have started a continuous airworthiness program for it and slowly getting my eyes into every inch of the airplane. 

The cable has been re-routed, a new fairlead installed, the cables have been properly torqued and then the interior vacuumed and corrosion x applied.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Jun 2023 05:51 by Andre Fodor.

More
09 Jun 2023 00:21 - 09 Jun 2023 00:29 #3 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic FAIRLEAD (2)
The rudder cable cross R to L and L to Rand hang off and under the top elevator cable. From your Pic you have twisted cables I hope this is a project, Coupe! Plus, you really need to get in  tail cone and clean that tail cone.  Those dark spots are in need of treatment!
Last edit: 09 Jun 2023 00:29 by Warren Hampton. Reason: Adding more

More
26 May 2023 14:36 - 26 May 2023 14:38 #4 by Andre Fodor
FAIRLEAD (2) was created by Andre Fodor
I I am working on a FAIRLEAD issue and would appreciate some ideas. 

It seems that the service manual shows the fairlead attached to the bottom rudder cable, which would add a lot of tension to the cables.  

In my aircraft, the fairlead does not keep the cables from touching (rudder to top elevator). 

I am pretty sure that should not be OK.  Also, the fairlead sits horizontal when the manual seems to show it vertical. 

Anyone has a picture of what a proper fairlead should look like?

Here are some pictures of my issue.
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 May 2023 14:38 by Andre Fodor.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds