Breadcrumbs

Header tank cap leaking

More
10 Jan 2022 08:22 #1 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic Header tank cap leaking
Mine did the same thing after I too got it in 2020. Took off cap cleaned it real good, took off rubber gasket, cleaned and manipulated it back and forth to loosen it up, flipped upside down and reinstalled, leakage seemed to stop, no more misty lower windshield.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thomas Vorpe
  • Topic Author
08 Jan 2022 05:34 #2 by Thomas Vorpe
Replied by Thomas Vorpe on topic Header tank cap leaking
Thanks Ed. I give it look. I was under the impression the header tank cap could only but put on one way like my wing tank caps. 

More
07 Jan 2022 23:33 #3 by Edward Taylor
Replied by Edward Taylor on topic Header tank cap leaking
Have you checked the vent hole in the cap is not blocked and facing forward in flight? Problem I have encountered.
Ed

• Thomas Vorpe
  • Topic Author
06 Jan 2022 09:41 #4 by Thomas Vorpe
Header tank cap leaking was created by Thomas Vorpe
Greeting all. I’ve had this airplane since June 2020 and this is the second time in a week this has happened. About 15-20 minutes into the flight, I get fuel leakage from the header tank cap. I recall when I first got the airplane the cap was so hard to get off…. Now, easy peazy….. it has the rubber gasket in tact   Perhaps it needs replacing even though it looks serviceable ?  I was thinking maybe there was a cork gasket that came off with refueling stops.  Anyone else experience same or similar. My wing tanks are only a quarter to half full so …..

thanks

tom

PS. When I took off the cap to get a picture, I noticed the tangs that hold the cap the the filler neck flange appeared to be splayed out so I bend them back and the cap seems to fit much tighter. 

I’ll take it up for another flight and see if that rectified it.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds