Breadcrumbs

Fly In at Critters Lodge

More
06 Sep 2021 13:45 #1 by Larry Snyder
Fly In at Critters Lodge was created by Larry Snyder
Greetings! I would like to officially invite you to the first and (hopefully) annual Critters Lodge Ercoupe Fly in, scheduled for Saturday/Sunday October 23rd and 24th.
Rain date is the following weekend.   

The site is TE01, Dillards Ranch, near Centerville Texas.  Centerville is halfway between Dallas and Houston along I-45. 

TE01 is a beautiful 3100 x 90 foot, well maintained and lighted grass strip in the East Texas forest.  The owner, Wendell Dillard, and his partner, Bev Martin,  graciously host events during much of the year at very low cost to the participants. They just loved sharing the beautiful field Wendell has cut out of the forest.  

CTAF IS 122.9.  I should be on site by noon or so and will monitor frequency with a handheld.  Or Wendell may act as air boss. 

Camp sites are in cul-de-sacs cut out along the runway. Each camp site can hold six planes.  You can set up your tent and gear right next to your plane.  There are plenty of outdoor privies with running water.  Meals are provided in a pavilion adjacent the runway. 

Camping fee is $10 per person.  No extra charge if you want to arrive Friday but you’ll be on your own for meals until Saturday evening. 

Saturday night’s meal will be brisket, potato salad, and sides.  
Sunday Breakfast: eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, coffee and juice. 

Meals are $12 each and are always filling and delicious! 

Firewood is plentiful for campfires. 

Feel free to bring any adult type beverages, sodas, water, etc.  Additional bags of ice will be available at $2 per bag. 

No planned activities. Just good fellowship with fellow Coupers.  Of course you’re free to do a little aviating if you choose.  Fly bys down the runway are always fun! 

I will need hard commitments by October 15. 
If you find that you’re able to attend on short notice, please contact me and I’ll check with Wendell to make sure they can add you for meals.  

No funds are asked for in advance but they will be buying food and supplies based on the counts I give them a week out so we don’t want to leave them hanging with no shows.   No need to start replying now. Things can change over the next several weeks.  I’ll send out a reminder two weeks out. 

Since this is an outdoor event, masks are not required but if you have even the slightest symptoms of Covid, please do not come. 

This is a long notice. I’ve tried to cover everything. Feel free to ask any questions by replying in this forum, or  contact me directly at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Ken Thompson. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds