Breadcrumbs

M10 as a trainer

More
21 Jan 2021 09:58 #1 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic M10 as a trainer
The most obvious differences other than the 3 axis control desing are the instrument panel, sliding canopy, and bucket seats.  This link provides a good overview of the evolution of the Er/Aircoupes:  www.ercoupe.org/index.php/photos/category/2-misc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2021 09:19 #2 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic M10 as a trainer
The Alon is placarded as "Characteristically incapable of spinning" like all the "double-tail" Coupes. Mooney made some M10's with Double rudders, more without (IIRC).

Unless you fly it outside CG or other loading, it should not spin. It can break out of a stall aggressively, if you push it.

josef

• David Murray
  • Topic Author
21 Jan 2021 09:15 #3 by David Murray
Replied by David Murray on topic M10 as a trainer
Thanks for the information on the Alon as well.  Since the Alon has the typical Ercoupe tail is it less spin resistant? What makes the Alon different than the Ercoupe other than including a rudder control?  As for the useful load part, that is a non issue for my wife and me.

DJM

More
20 Jan 2021 21:25 #4 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic M10 as a trainer
As Larry said the M-10 and most Alons have a conventional 3 axis control that work the same as your Lance. The "standard" Ercoupe coordinated control system was an option on the Alons and a few were ordered that way. Either would be a good option for training. The only real issue you may run into would be useful payload depending on the specific airplane's weight as well as that of the instructor/student and the desired fuel load. I like your plan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Murray

More
20 Jan 2021 15:41 #5 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic M10 as a trainer
The M10 was intended to be a trainer so it behaves like your average airplane. The Alons would make a good trainer, too, and would be very forgiving.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Murray

• David Murray
  • Topic Author
20 Jan 2021 14:52 #6 by David Murray
M10 as a trainer was created by David Murray
Hi All:

I fly a Piper Lance.  Sorry about that go ahead throw rocks at me. That being said I am looking at obtaining a M10 to train my wife to become a pilot. I can't train in the Lance as it is a rertract high hp. I was wondering about the m10? I think you could obtain a private pilot without limitations on the license in the M10? Am I correct? Also, do the rudders work the same as in my piper? I know the Ercoupe is interconnected and has a high x-wind. How do you handle the x-wind in the M10? Any insight on using a M10 as trainer would be appreciated.

DJM
N38509

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds