Breadcrumbs

Vacuum pump

More
26 Oct 2019 00:22 #7 by Edward Moore
Replied by Edward Moore on topic Vacuum pump
Check TCDS E-252 Note 3 for your C-90-16F - your vac pump replacement is just a maintenance item with log book entry only. Suggest you consider another IA if he isn't more experienced than indicated. If a field approval was submitted to the FSDO, they may call him to discuss - why!!
PS I just see Matts entry below - I think he'll probably agree - that's what the IAs are paid the big $$$$ for! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jason Walleser
  • Topic Author
25 Oct 2019 22:40 #8 by Jason Walleser
Replied by Jason Walleser on topic Vacuum pump
The words "vacuum" and "pump" do not occur anywhere together in the type certificate. My IA said the pump was considered an accessory. I don't understand the significance of that other than he said it's also need a field approval.

More
25 Oct 2019 17:09 #9 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Vacuum pump
What does the type certificate for the engine say ?

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
25 Oct 2019 17:06 #10 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Vacuum pump
A-787 for the Alon refers to the C90-16F engine but has no reference to a vacuum pump in any of the required specifications. In that case I would defer back to what is allowed on the engine as an accessory as either a direct replacement or as a PMA. That would not require a 337 field approval. (disclaimer-I'm not an A&P but have been doing research for various replacement parts on my Alon).

• Jason Walleser
  • Topic Author
25 Oct 2019 11:51 #11 by Jason Walleser
Vacuum pump was created by Jason Walleser
My vacuum pump failed. The closest replacement I can find is a RAPCO part number RAP215CC-9. It's certified for the C90-16F, but not for the A-787 Type aircraft. Does anybody know of an already STCed vacuum pump replacement. I'd rather not get a field approval if I don't have to.

-Jason

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds