Breadcrumbs

Oil pressure

More
09 Oct 2017 11:09 #1 by George Sellers
Replied by George Sellers on topic Oil pressure
Thanks Warren for all your help! Hopefully, the problem will be resolved soon. I will let you know the outcome.

George

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2017 09:15 #2 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Oil pressure
There are only a few thing that it can be. A faulty gage, plugging pressure line if mechanical, Faulty sending unit or gage if electric, pressure relief valve, No metal in the oil and temp good, usually are a good signs that bearing are(1200 hours} still good. And really the pump housing is very rarely a factor. Were it my choice for less than $40.00 with shipping I would do the pressure valve first. And if the problem remains I would start looking at the gage thing. Is that 1200 hour since new of TSMO If it is on the second go round then the rear case could be something. Oh, Fresno Airparts phone number 559-237-4863.

More
09 Oct 2017 06:51 #3 by George Sellers
Thanks Warren. The oil temperature is fine. The problem is now there is NO oil pressure!!

More
09 Oct 2017 00:39 #4 by Warren Hampton
I fly Shell also. And just thought about the oil pressure spring. But you have pressure that goes south after a few hours. how you Temp hold? Or is there a combo of pressure drop and temp climbing? used to see people using washers behind the spring , because the spring losing its length over time. It is easy to get to and may be a good place to start. I really do not know if it is losing strength as it heat up? Fresno Airparts has the kit.for $29.95 no number same for all Continentals Oil pressure relief valve Assm. ask to make sure the crush washer comes with it.

More
08 Oct 2017 16:19 #5 by George Sellers
Thanks Warren for your reply. The engine has around 1200 hours, and we have been using AeroShell 100 oil!!

More
08 Oct 2017 15:43 #6 by Warren Hampton
How many total hours on your engine? And what type / grade oil are you using. the pump is in the rear case housing Gear wear or possible case wear. My first Coupe when we rebuiltit we didn't inspect the housing wellenough an had problems from the get-go. while the pump gears were new they could not fit close enough to stop by-pass.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds