Breadcrumbs

Alon A2 Nosegear Refurbish

More
21 Jan 2022 21:23 #1 by Robert James
Replied by Robert James on topic Alon A2 Nosegear Refurbish
0K, I’ve got. an Alon A2 Maintenance Manual coming.
On the Alon oleo hydraulic fluid, I was able to get 1 pint into the refurbished Oleo before it quit taking it.
The oleo is now bolted onto front of the Alon once again, and it’s onto installing the new brake line tomorrow morning,…after a nice breakfast and visit with fellow pilots at the Calgary Flying Club Cafe. Cheers,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2022 16:53 #2 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Alon A2 Nosegear Refurbish
The manuals are not the best, but you should have them if you are wrenching on your Coupe.
it is 1 1/2 pint of 5606
I have a copy of the service manual on the Ercoupe Discussion group page on facebook. .

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
21 Jan 2022 11:28 #3 by Robert James
Good One Matt! I have a couple Alon manuals, but no Maintenance Manual. I see I better order one!
I also see there’s ‘Service Manual’ too. So is that about the same as a Maintenance Manual? Cheers, BTW, I drained 1.5 Cups of butt ugly fluid out of the nose wheel oleo, along with a thousand crumbs of rubber from the deteriorating Bumper) I’m thinking there was originally more fluid that that in it, so I’m going to refill the refurbished oleo with a Min. 2 cups of AeroShell 41 (5606J), and if I’m still in a good mood I’ll top up with another cup for good measure! Cheers Mate,
“ When the weight of the paper equals the weight of the aircraft, the job will be done!”

More
21 Jan 2022 08:16 #4 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Alon A2 Nosegear Refurbish
It is in the A2 Maint manual, under nose gear

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
20 Jan 2022 23:20 #5 by Robert James
Nose wheel O-rings and new main spring came in so the nose wheel Oleo was rebuilt today.
It will be put in the Alon tomorrow. I want to fill it up with the correct quantity of hydraulic fluid first, but have no idea how much oil to put into the empty oleo?
I’m hoping someone out there knows the answer as to how much oil goes into a refurbished but empty steel type oleo?
Cheers,

More
12 Jan 2022 15:33 #6 by Robert James
Hello John, your drawing and parts numbers were very timely! Thank you very much!
At this moment I am trying to access the inside of the oleo’s, and can’t figure out how to do it.
We have removed the snap ring off the topside, but figure out how to remove the trod guide to access the spring assembly inside. If you or anyone else knows how to do this it would be greatly appreciate it if you sent that info along. We’re stymatted at this point in time. Cheers,

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds