Breadcrumbs

Alon A-2 fuel starvation

More
08 Sep 2021 00:42 #1 by Carl Ziegler AP IA
Replied by Carl Ziegler AP IA on topic Alon A-2 fuel starvation
The fuel sys mod was to add a new lines to the header tank for system venting, allowing for installation of non vented fuel caps on the wing tanks. A bit of creative plumbing, but it would also prevent fuel siphon on takeoff with full fuel and hi angle of attacks. Better than stock? Kind of a toss up.
carl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2021 18:42 - 30 Aug 2021 18:42 #2 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Alon A-2 fuel starvation
Don-
My Alon has not had SB 16 complied with and I've not experience any fuel starvation issues with it. That bulletin does reduce the useful fuel available. I would recommend a CHT indicator for #2 cylinder at a minimum per SB19. I monitor all four.
John
Last edit: 30 Aug 2021 18:42 by John Jones.

More
30 Aug 2021 11:32 #3 by Don Abbott
Replied by Don Abbott on topic Alon A-2 fuel starvation
Matt. It was 16 not 6. Thanks so much for your response.
Don

More
30 Aug 2021 11:17 #4 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Alon A-2 fuel starvation
Service bulletins are not mandatory, even if the manufacturer says they are, unless the service bulletin is incorporated in a AD.
SB19 applies to the Marvel carbs,
the CHT was for coupes with the marvel carbs to help prevent over leaning and burning up cylinder, Stromberg carbs cannot be leaned in flight enough to cause a problem.
I did not see a SB6, there was a 16 dealing with a header tank mod.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook
The following user(s) said Thank You: Don Abbott

More
30 Aug 2021 10:32 #5 by Don Abbott
Alon A-2 fuel starvation was created by Don Abbott
I am buying an A-2, SN A245.  I was looking through the Alon service bulletins and came across #6 and 19A dealing with fuel starvation.  I am not sure if the bulletins apply to just the Marvel carbs or the Stromberg carbs too.  According to the bulletins there is a lot of work involved.   Can you shed some light on the subject?   I know the seller (A&P) has done all the AD’s but not sure about the service bulletins.  I know there was one about installing a CHT in the Alon A2. This aircraft does not have one.
Don Abbott

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds