Breadcrumbs

Legal Control Yokes

More
26 Apr 2024 11:53 #1 by Raymond Knox
Replied by Raymond Knox on topic Legal Control Yokes
As an A&P and IA for over 4 decades. I can attest to the fact, that on all cool antique aircraft; you will run into these type issues on prebuys. Very seldom do you not. But Matt has a good point. Sometimes an item is put on as a minor alteration. Such as a factory kit. But not documented. I may do a prebuy on 10 to 20 aircraft and find many of these issues. The potential new owner uses that to negotiate the purchase price on what they end up wanting to buy. Then the IA helps the new customer, by turning the prebuy into an annual (deeper inspection) and addresses all these type issues. Most of the time its just requires the proper documentation. Sometimes a new part. I know a lot of pilots prefer a rams horn type yoke to make use of a yoke mount for an iPad mini or whatever.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2024 19:15 #2 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Legal Control Yokes
if the plane had the yokes installed per a factory modification kit, there will be nothing more than a logbook entry, mine were done using FMK 14, Forney Modification kit 14, in 1962.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raymond Knox

More
06 Apr 2024 15:28 #3 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Legal Control Yokes
Cool - we banjo pickers gotta stick together. I play a 1985 Earl Scruggs standard mastertone.

More
06 Apr 2024 15:20 #4 by Nate D'Anna
Replied by Nate D'Anna on topic Legal Control Yokes
Thanks David. I'm looking for an Ercoupe to purchase right now. That being said, if the one I purchase does not have the pretzel yokes, I will be buying them from Univair to be period correct. Appreciate the offer though!

More
06 Apr 2024 14:20 #5 by David Gilson
Replied by David Gilson on topic Legal Control Yokes
This might be your lucky day. I bought a pair of rams horn about a year ago because apparently I had too much money laying around. Anyway, they came with the original Installion instructions from skyport and sample 337 field approval forms. I can get copies to you if you want. Of course your mechanic will need to agree, but it looks like a pretty straight forward paperwork deal if you already have them installed. Let me know.

More
06 Apr 2024 13:51 #6 by Nate D'Anna
Replied by Nate D'Anna on topic Legal Control Yokes
Thanks Larry. Got it---Pretzel yokes--not kidneys. Pretzels is my preference anyway as they go better with beer rather than kidney beans. This is just one reason why I joined EOC---to learn everything about Ercoupes after having owned a Piper Cherokee 140, a Grumman AA1A and 3 Bonanzas through the years.
As a side note, I see you're a banjo player. I have a Gibson 5 string Mastertone that my dad bought for me in the 1960's. Beautiful instrument and used it on many gigs. Thanks again for the help.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds