Breadcrumbs

AN746 clamps

More
03 Apr 2024 19:41 #1 by Brooks McNew
Replied by Brooks McNew on topic AN746 clamps
I was dealing with my fuel pump hoses - improper connections at the pump and improper supports between pump and firewall. I think I had it all figured out when we disassembled the pump and found internal corrosion. At that point I quit messing with it and installed the Alpha electric fuel pump STC.

However, this info may be useful. My Ercoupe never had SM41 performed (so it was out of compliance with AD 47-20-03 yikes!) and the fuel fittings on the pump were old (original?) brass hose barbs. The "fuel out" barb had a drilled plug for restriction. These should have been replaced with SK-7 and those AN-842-4D fittings are physically quite different from the previous brass hose barbs. The hose fit is not as tight at the base of the fitting - only at the nose of the fitting. If you also have anything besides AN842-4D fittings, installing SK-7 may make the difference for the hose clamp diameter. Unfortunately I can't say for certain because I had plain stainless steel hose clamps and my A&P doesn't mind them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2024 17:11 - 03 Apr 2024 17:12 #2 by Morris Pearson
AN746 clamps was created by Morris Pearson
Replacing the hoses on my coupe after a engine tear down and rebuild. The parts manual calls for  a AN746-4 clamp on the fuel pump hoses. I am using the Mil-H-6006 hoses from Univair but I find the -4 clamp iwill not fit over the hose and the -5 clamp will fit but will not tighten enough to secure the hose to the pump fitting. Looks like a perfect place to pit a stainless steel hose clamp but ny mechanic is a real stickler on  useing alternative parts. Anyone dealt with this lately and have any suggestions?
Last edit: 03 Apr 2024 17:12 by Morris Pearson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds