Breadcrumbs

Engine RPM

More
08 Mar 2024 17:15 #1 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Engine RPM
Which engine is it, 85 or 75? I don’t recognize the prop size, what kind of prop is it?

Did you look at TCDS A-718 (it’s on this site) to get the static RPM for your engine/propeller combination?

2000 sounds low for a C85.

I’ve never seen a “smart ass” answer on this forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2024 16:38 #2 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic Engine RPM
What's your prop length? Are you making the right static RPM per the TC with it?

More
08 Mar 2024 08:35 #3 by Melvin Teal
Engine RPM was created by Melvin Teal
I have a 1946 415D Ercoupe with an overhauled engine (reputable shop) with and an overhauled stromberg carb (reputable shop) and a cruise prop M76AK-2-49 I have just finished restoring it and have made several high speed taxi runs the most I see for rpms is 2000. I did read in the book where it states Fixed pitch propellers with 1850 to 2000 rpm are permitted. It feels like it has plenty of power and I know static rpm is different. Does that sound good? If not what am I missing?  For the record I don't need to be ridiculed or berarrated I just want solid advice. I am an A&P and an IA with 35 years of general aviation experience this is my first Ercoupe. I also am am instrument rated pilot with 9000 hrs experience. Like I said I don't need smart ass answers just good advice. The problem is I don't have other Ercoupes or Ercoupe pilots in the area to assist me. Any good advice is welcomed 

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds