Breadcrumbs

C85 stroker quesrion

More
03 Dec 2023 00:50 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic C85 stroker quesrion
The STC uses the C85 cam. I have mine right here only with some 0-200 cranks is any marching needed. I could send a copy to you Larry to print here if you want. Or just for a Reff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2023 17:31 #2 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic C85 stroker quesrion
I don’t think it does in most cases (ooooh, a double entendre). I had it put in when I had my C75 overhauled and upgraded to a C85. To go from a tired C75 to a fresh C85 with O200 innards was amazing. I also had a spin on filter adapter put on. That engine now has 1600 hours and oil pressure. Oil temperature, compressions, and oil analyses are all as good now as back when it was fresh. I fly often and I change my oil every 25 hours and put in Avblend every oil change.
The STC for O200 crank is well worth it. But I would never do it except during an overhaul. You’ll end up paying about 75% of an overhaul anyway!

More
27 Nov 2023 16:14 #3 by Raymond Knox
Replied by Raymond Knox on topic C85 stroker quesrion
Not sure. But keep in mind cases on the 0-200/C85 should be lapped and line bored each time they are taken apart. Also, the cases must be checked for deck height anytime that is done as well. That is why most ppl opt on an upgrade like that; during a scheduled OH. Side note, everyone I know that had that STC applied have been happy with it.

More
26 Nov 2023 21:04 #4 by Morris Pearson
C85 stroker quesrion was created by Morris Pearson
Does the STC for the C85 stroker require any crank case modifications?

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds